Parents around the world are reinventing education by opening Acton Academies. Are you ready to join the revolution?
Jeff Johns (Founder and Board Chairman) and his family.
Doing well in the traditional school setting is one thing, but I didn’t really get energized about learning until my MBA program. It was then that I experienced what it was like to work with others who wanted to be a part of something greater.
The professors expected much from us, and we were rewarded for our ingenuity. Jeff Sandefer, founder of Acton Academy, was one of those professors and he became a mentor for me. So when he mentioned to me one day about this new school he and his wife Laura were developing, I instinctively knew I wanted this for my own kids. It wasn’t until I visited his pilot program in Austin, TX that I became fully convinced.
The students had a totally different demeanor than at a typical school. They were busy, engaged, and fully in charge of their own learning and their own community.
While planning and building Acton ABQ, I’ve interacted with over a dozen other amazing and visionary leaders who are launching Acton Academy schools from California to Kuala Lumpur. We all share a common belief that our students are capable of much more than most people ever expect of them and that given the opportunity to find their own Hero’s Journey, they will engage in incredible ways and change the world.Get Started Today
Jeff and Jacqlyn Johns
Head of School
Lower Elementary Guide
Upper Elementary Guide
Mid School and Launch Pad Guide
Our promises to your child
He or she will:
- Begin a Hero’s Journey.
- Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner.
- Develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms.
- Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth.
- Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.
- We believe each child has a gift that can change the world in a profound way.
- We believe in a closely connected family of lifelong learners.
- We believe in learning by knowing, learning by doing and learning by being.
- We believe in economic, religious, and political freedom.
JOY + RIGOR = MASTERY
Embracing rigor is part of saying ‘yes’ to a Hero’s Journey. Deep learning brings a special sense of joy, but the mastery required for a Hero’s Journey goes even further, requiring commitment, discipline and hard work towards a worthy goal.