Join us for a special, two-day hosted by Acton Academy Albuquerque in partnership with Socratic Seminars International.
This workshop is ideal for all teachers K-University looking to engage their students more deeply in their subject matter and who long to see their students develop critical thinking and listening skills.
Friday and Saturday, August 3-4
8am – 4pm
Tijeras Foundation: 1311
Tijeras Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Institute Objectives and Expectations:
- Gain understanding of the history and philosophy of Socratic Seminars;
- Participate in and reflect upon a variety of Socratic Seminars;
- Lead a Socratic Seminar with colleagues;
- Learn the knowledge and skill of selecting engaging texts;
- Creating Opening Questions that spark student conversation and thoughtfulness;
- Practice Socratic Questioning Strategies;
- Understand the importance of balancing leadership and participation in a Socratic Seminar;
- Learn and practice individual and collective reflection;
- Recognize the power of Socratic Seminars to address Common Core State Standards.
Special Benefits of Attending This Workshop:
- Socratic Seminar Intermediate Levels 1- 2 Workshop Notebooks;
- Certificate of Completion verifying 7 professional development hours per day
(total of 14);
- 1 Graduate Credit from Seattle Pacific University (per day) for additional $55 plus completion of out of class assignments (payment required onsite);
- 7 WA State Clock Hours, $15 onsite (Washington state certification hours only).
Early registration (before July 10): $325 for individuals, groups of 4 or more $300. Late registration (after July 10): $375 for individuals, groups of 4 or more $350.